Actually submitting an application in the Spring of 2015. Keeping an MDApplicants page because it greatly benefited me when I was deciding what schools to apply to. Seeing as my Stats are not superior by any means, I'd like to assist fellow SDN/MDApps members as much as I can. I am a bit of a different applicant also, in the sense that I am taking a gap year to pursue the application of my Undergraduate Degree, teaching. At the time of application, I'll be getting ready for my first year as a Public School teacher teaching Science in either Middle School or High School. I was a Biology & Education major during Undergrad.
Activities/Volunteering 1) Clinical Volunteering: 500 + Hrs at ER Dept at my local Hospital 2) Clinical Volunteering: Volunteered at Government Apotek, or Clinic, in Bhutan, Summer of 2014
1) Clinical Shadowing: Shadowed my GP for 50 Hrs 2) Clinical Shadowing: Shadowed my brother's Urologist for 50 Hrs, learned about dialysis & renal disease
1) Non-Clinical Volunteering: Helped set up Girl's Empowerment STEM Bootcamps at my University 2) Non-Clinical Volunteering: Worked at Physics Camps for incoming students at my University 3) Non-Clinical Volunteering: Alternative Break Coordinator, Government in Africa
1) EC: President & Founder of Botany Club 2) EC: Founder of Interfaith Society 3) EC: Sports Columnist for School Newspaper 4) EC: Student Representative for Class of 2015 5) EC: Studied in Bhutan through a State Dept Scholarship in Summer of 2014, lived in University City 6) EC: Senior Judge on Honor Council
1) Work: TA for Mathematics Department 2) Work: Research Assistant for Graduate Data Lab in School Library 3) Work: Resident Advisor for 3 Years
1) Research: Research assistant in Neurogenomics Lab for 2 years 2) Research: Conducted Longitudinal Study on Student Performance as a part of TA Duties, presented at 6 conferences, 1 Publication 3) Research: Summer Research program at USUHS 4) Research: Summer Research Program at University of Virginia School of Medicine, 1 Chemistry Publication 5) Research: During my summer in Bhutan, I research religious devision in various Islands, and presented my findings at an International Conference
LOR's 1) Science Professor in Seminar Course, Advisor, Boss for TA job I did 2) Science Professor in Biochemistry Course in which I received an A 3) Education Professor who was my advisor during the internship portion of my degree, understands my career goals 4) Hospital Coordinator who has known me for 5+ years and is a trusted confidant 5) Research Advisor at UVA SRIP Program who I worked under and grew to admire greatly
// Applications //
Application Cycle One: 12/31/2014
Undergraduate college: State College
Total MCAT SCORE: 472
MCAT Section Scores:
Overall GPA: 1.00
Science GPA: 1.00
No applications have been submitted yet during this cycle.