This application is for Summer 2012. List is raw and lengthy. Any advice based on interest would be appreciated.
Right now, the list of schools is crosslisting USNWR Research Med Schools, USNWR Grad Schools in Neurobio, and NRC Neuroscience Rankings. I\'m thinking of paring this list to 8 Top, 6 Medium, 4 Safety and then finally, by app time, to 5 Top, 4 Medium, 3 Safety.
Current top 8: UCSF, UCSD, Yale, Penn, Harvard, Stanford, U- Wash, Michigan
Medium 6 : U Pitt, Chicago, Northwestern, Mayo, UTSW, Tristate
Safety 4: Maryland, Cincinnatti, SUNY Stony Brook, UC Irvine
I\'ll update this fully later
Interested: doing MD/PhD and doing neuroscience/psychology research.
MCAT: Sept 2011
MCAT Pretests: P/V/B
1. Princeton Review Diagnostic (Jan 2011): 5/5/8 - 18
--no studying for MCAT for the Kaplan test. Maybe PR is just insane-
2. Kaplan Practice 1 (June 2011) - 8/ 11/11- 31
3. AAMC #3 (July 2011) - 10/10/10 - 30
(not very encouraging improvement - a lot of my mistakes seem to be misreading the questions, mis-understanding the question, or not reading the passage carefully enough- I think this means I need to practice more, get better at timing, and read more carefully -- PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
4. AAMC #4 - 11/11/10 - 32 - not much improvement. very discouraging; more questions missed for lack of knowledge
5. AAMC # 7 - 12/11/10 - 33 - not much improvement. this time, I ran out of time a lot and made careless errors. Much harsher curve too.
6. AAMC #8 - 13/11/12- 36- better on science, although it felt like shit. Still can\'t seem to get verbal. Whenever I do verbal, it feels like I don\'t understand what the passage is saying, and that\'s the hard part.
Plan to take: AAMC 7,8,9,10,11 ;; EK 1
EK Verbal : (1) --, (2) 10
No applications have been submitted yet during this cycle.