1. Domestic and International Traveling -Lived overseas -Traveled to Europe: England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland -Traveled to New Zealand -Traveled to Asia: Thailand and Japan -Traveled to Canada -Traveled to Mexico and Central America: Hondurus, Belize, Guatemala -Traveled to 34 States and Washington, D.C. -Attended National GOP Convention in New York City
2. Volunteered at a Private School
3. Annual Fair Volunteer
4. Community Event Volunteer: various political campaigns and events hosted in my community
5. Model United Nations Honorable Mention
6. IVCF Student Leader
7. Resolving Cross-Cultural Conflict Seminar: cultural sensitivity training
8. Hospital Volunteer: I scrubbed in and provided very minor assistance (i.e. adjusting the light, tying surgical gowns, helping with gloves) for various surgeries including a c-section, divert colonoscopy, tonsillectomy, amputation, goiter reduction, hernia surgery, removal of various abnormal growths, and delivery of a breeched baby. I especially enjoyed my time during patient/ doctor consultations, hearing the patient\'s problems first hand and observing the process in which doctors make a diagnosis. Surgery follow-up care, shadowing doctors on their rounds, and spending time in the ER were other aspects of doctor/patient relations I was a part of. I also met lab technicians who showed me the ways they can confirm diagnosis of disease states. I observed the process of preparing a sample for lab analysis and saw the difference between positive and negative samples. I also volunteered with the hospital\'s visiting team.
9. Health and Dental Clinic: helped with a clinic brought to impoverished communities.
10. Applied Anthropology Seminar: studied a different culture through interaction with members in the culture
11. Restaurant Server
12. Pre-Professional Club VP
14. Research involving biochemical signaling
// Applications //
Application Cycle One: 07/29/2010
Undergraduate Area of study: Biological/Life Sciences